* 22 Sept - 14 October INTERTWINED at Galerie Lemaire Tribal Art, with pieces of our collection by Feeling Africa, Heath Nash and Design Afrika. Festive opening Friday 22 Sept 15-19 hrs at Reguliersgracht 80, Amsterdam. More info >>
* Sept 2017 Opening Zeitz MOCAA Museum of Contemporary African Art in Cape Town
* June 2017 Find the new summer issue of Oog voor Afrika magazine - with our column on SA design- in store on 22 June! See a preview here.
* March 2017 Exclusive Culitravel kindly invited us to organise a mini expo of colourful SA design at the celebration of their 12.5 year anniversary at Droog Design in Amsterdam. Happy anniversary with lots of beautiful travels to SA!
* New! Our products now also available in beautiful concept store L'Etoile in Bergen and at Hein's Home in Hilversum. See our contact page for more info.
* Our new column on SA design for Oog voor Afrika magazine in the making. Out soon! Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date.
*1/12 Our funky yellow Bucket Stool by Cape Town design duo Pedersen& Lennard in Moyi Magazine - a new African lifestyle magazine - Fall 2016. Thank you for the feature Tapiwa Matsinde!
* 19/11 Shop your holiday gifts at the cosy Christmas Market at the beautifully renovated Zuid-Afrika Huis Amsterdam Keizersgracht 141 - and enjoy some great SA wines!
* 21/10- 4/11 2016 Fall Expo of our SA design at Het Arsenaal in Bergen op Zoom with paintings by Saskia Frinking & other interior design brands. Pop by for some eclectic interior inspiration!
* Sept 2016 Two of our beautiful handwoven lights by Design Afrika selected for VT Wonen TV programme on SBS6 4 Sept 2016! #proud! Only a few pieces left! Pls send us an email for more info on the lights!
* Aug 2016 Our African Nguni heads & handwoven Porcupine baskets featured in VT Wonen magazine.
* June '16 From Africa with love featured in Volkskrant column.
* April '16. Check out our new design column featuring beautiful handwoven African basketry from Design Afrika and Du Noon Urban Weavers in Oog voor Afrika magazine.
* Feb '16 Design Indaba Festival Cape Town, here we come :) ! Check out our FB page for updates!
* Handcrafted leather necklaces by Ilundi Design Cape Town and Babatunde wax print umbrellas now available @charlieandmary at De Hallen, Amsterdam
* Dec '15 Our beautiful tassled leather necklaces by Ilundi Design and wax print umbrellas by #Babatunde from Jo'burg in pop-up store Vintage Curators on Bakenessergracht in Haarlem.
* Nov '15 Our new design column featuring the socially conscious Magpie Art Collective from Barrydale in Oog voor Afrika magazine this month.
* Nov '15 Our beautiful handwoven baskets by Design Afrika featured in VT Wonen again!
* 17-25 Oct 2015 // Dutch Design Week, don't forget to pop by at the stand of Robin Sprong Wallpaper with a very special range of wallcoverings by well known designers from CapeTown SA #sadesign:)
* Sept 2015 // Dutch artist Saskia Frinking invited us to be part of her Africa exhibition in Knokke. On show are her beautiful paintings of African women, as well as a nice collection of ceramics, jewellery, baskets and other items from our collection by Design Afrika, Recreate and Helon Melon, all from SA. Galerie Art at Sea, Zeedijk 686, Knokke-Heist, Belgium, open from 1-27 September 2015. Go and see!
* Summer started early this year! Our products proudly featured in VT Wonen and in Dutch Elle Decoration this June. Recycled paper artwork Africa-Reinvented by SimpleIntrigue, handmade ceramics by Gemma Orkin and stylish handwoven basketry by Design Afrika. Thanks @Craftscurator & Evelien Reich Styling for the sunny article.
* Niice! Nog even geduld #June issue ELLE Decoration NL? See the shoot in progress https://instagram.com/p/1u22YHCwm8/
* 19/3/15 // SA Tourism Media Awards in the beautiful Scheepvaartmuseum in Amsterdam. And .. our products were used to create some special SA flavour during the event. See these posts on our FB page for an impression.
* Meanwhile in Cape Town.. Design Indaba Conference & Expo 2015 from 27 Feb-1 March. Check our FB page for updates!
* Happy 2015 and thank you for your support!
* Oct 2014- Feb 2015 Magical Africa! You can find our products at the museumstore of The Nieuwe Kerk during the Magical Africa exhibition. On till 15 February 2015!
* Volkskrant Design Magazine featured Vogel Design's Nguni Chair in their December 2014 issue.
* Grazie Casa Italia showed a collection of our items in their La Mia Africa special Autumn 2014.
* From Africa with love hotspots and more Cape Town design in Margriet More in September 2014. Thanks @LittleBirdie!
* 27/28 Sept 2014 // This weekend our design was proudly featured in 'L'Afrique c'est chic' by studio IJM in Volkskrant Design Magazine!
* 6-8 Sept Lovely weekend @Maison & Objet Design Fair in Paris
*Thank you Frans @VTWonen for featuring our products in the August 2014 summer edition! Have a look at the pictures.
*Our beautiful Suitcase Chair in olive green by Recreate Cape Town featured in Happinez Magazine this June. Thanks Marita Janssen @Regelmaat.
* The results of the shoot with IJM for the beautiful 150 pages Africa special in French lifestyle magazine IDEAT June 2014 turned out simply stunning. See pics
on our facebook page!
*IDEAT 'probablement le meilleur magazine déco du moment' (just saying!) is not for sale in Holland, but .. sharing is caring so we picked up a few extra copies during our holiday in France, contact us if you're interested.
* Handwoven lights and baskets by Design Afrika, and other pieces from our collection were used at two photoshoots with talented photographer and stylist Paulina Arcklin at Studio13 in Amsterdam.
* May 3, FD Persoonlijk mentioned us in a great article on Cape Town World Design Capital as the place to be in Amsterdam for SA design. Thanks to editor Jonathan Ursem from Label Orange, Capetown. We were also interviewed for Oog voor Afrika magazine in their May issue. Dankie Marjolein Westerterp!
* If you're in the area pop by in the Goods4home pop up store in Enschede, for some South African interior inspiration on the expo 'Goods with Roots', with paintings by Saskia Frinking as well as items from our collection. On from 22 May- 29 June. You're welcome to join for opening drinks (think SA wines) on Wednesday 22 May from 18:00 hrs.
A quick update on what's going on at FAWL after we got back from an inspiring Design Indaba in Cape Town.
The end of March the From Africa with love exhibit in Amstelveen came to an end, it was well-received, thanks again for all the lovely feedback and reactions.
Lots of new things happening this spring: new arrivals from Cape Town (eg beautiful handwoven baskets from #DesignAfrika, pics on our website soon), a great Africa themed (what else) photoshoot with our products for studio IJM, new products featured in VT Wonen, Happinez and other magazines this summer, and a selection of our products for sale at the new L'Etoile Conceptstore in Schoorl, opening 1st of May! If you'd like to stay updated please sign up for our newsletter via our contact page. Chat soon!
DESIGN INDABA 2014
Excited to be in Cape Town for Design Indaba Conference & Expo this month, not in the least because we received media accreditation this year! Dubbed "the Conference on Creativity", the Design Indaba Conference is all about how design, creativity and innovation can positively impact the world.
Follow me on Facebook.com/fromafricawithlove to receive regular updates on what's happening here!
WDC2014 + new expo till 31.3.2014
With an eye to Cape Town being World Design Capital 2014 we've organised a new expo 'From Africa with love - Contemporary design from SA' at Bibliotheek Amstelland, in close collaboration with ArtPartner, creative agency CMK/1, and No House Wine.
More than 120 people braved the elements and joined us for the festive opening with a design talk by Cathal McKee, and bubbly by No House Wine on Tuesday 11 February. Many thanks to everyone who made it a special eve! See the blogposts and pics via Art-Partner.nl and Bibliotheek Amstelland. See more info on designers & mini expo catalogue.
For more info on the expo see our Facebookevent. Expo is on till end of March. Visiting hours: Mon-Thu 11-20/Fri 10-18/Sat 10-17 hrs.
If you like more information on the designers & pieces shown at the expo, don't hesitate to contact us.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Thank you for your support and see you soon in 2014! .
And .. 2014 also marks the start of Cape Town as World Design Capital 2014! Find the latest info by clicking the happy yellow button>>
6 December 2013 World premiere of new film about Mandela's life: Long Walk to Freedom
#5 December 2013 RIP Nelson Mandela, thank you for your courage and inspiration.
Afrovibes Festival coming up from Thursday 14 till Sunday 17 November. See full programme here. Enjoy!
Yes, we're featured in VT Wonen this month, in their not-to-miss Cape Town design special! Pics on our Facebook page! Thank you marleen vos @littlebirdie SA!
10-25 Oct Web contest on Mijn Zuid-Afrika.nl! Make a moodboard of your favourite SA trip and win great prizes eg. our funky Rhino pencil cases by Cape Town conservation-conscious art collective Ikstingkt.
To participate visit Mijn Zuid-Afrika Reis website! Winners will be announced on 1 November on FB.
Save the date 27-29 Sept 2013 for Elle Deco Inside Design 2013! Find us in the Elle Deco stand @LobsterHouse Frederiksplein 6-8 hs, also the starting point of this year's design route. Buy tickets online or at the door. Hope to see you all there!
We enjoyed an inspiring trip to London Design Week last week! Besides visiting Tent/Superbrands at the Old Truman Brewery we went for the curated tour at Graphic Africa, a funky exhibition of 20 leading African designers at Habitat, King's Road, London. On show are a beautiful range of furniture, textiles, fashion accessories and ceramics, carefully sourced from all over Africa. From SA joined Imiso Ceramics, Dokter & Misses, textile designer Ronél Jordaan, as well as Heath Nash, showing new recycled glass work he recently designed @Kitengela Glass studio in Nairobi, Kenya. Still on till 20 October. Go and visit! See our FB pics here.
New! Posticks and Postcard Happiness by Cape Town designer Tatjana Buisson in the latest Flow Magazine! Thank you Corine @Cster Communications! Psst now also available in Belgium @Couleur Locale!
Our cute linen Suitcase Chair by Recreate in Volkskrant Magazine Interior Special on Saturday 24 Aug!
We're mentioned in SAA inflight magazine July 2013 in a feature on Cape Town's upcycled furniture brand Recreate (yes, from the Suitcase Chairs). Pretty cool! Well spotted @NadineHeshusius!
<<Go with the Flow! Proud to have our überhip genuine leather jewellery by Trinket Design featured in Flow Magazine this month! Thank you Corine @Cster! See our collection for more info!
18 July Mandela Day! South Africa is preparing for International Mandela Day on which businesses, nongovernmental organisations and ordinary South Africans are expected to dedicate 67 minutes of their day to doing something good for others. Read more >>
Out now! VT Wonen Fluo special! Featuring brand new items from this year's Design Indaba: our handwoven clutch with orange handle by Design Afrika, beautiful new photo prints by Keri Muller 'all good things are wild and free' and funky yellow binder-necklace by Guidemore Chigama! See close up pics on